Unfaulted exists to build a foundation for young women who have aged out of the foster care system by helping them grow through community, sharing the gospel and providing education, to equip them to be successful, independent adults.
kids age out of foster care every year
Foster kids become homeless after turning 18
Girls who age out of foster care become pregnant before 21
Kids who age out of foster care are gainfully employed by age 24
In the name of agape love, a forever family comes alongside a young woman to help her become a successful and independent adult. When a girl becomes part of a family, she receives the essential love and encouragement every young adult needs. A forever family gives a girl a real, LIFELONG, “forever” family.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
- Secondary point of contact
- Mediate between girls, coach and Forever Families
- Assist in transportation needs
- Encourage goal progress
- Become a confidant and adviser for your girl
- GED classes, testing, and tutoring
- Teach life skills classes
- College selection, admission process, etc.
- Job training skills
- Connections with employment
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
Stable housing is a vital part of transitioning from foster care to adulthood. Consultants will assist members in finding affordable and stable housing using community resources provided by Unfaulted
These giftboxes are packed with goodies to make a girl feel special and loved on special days and for awesome accomplishments.
- Diver’s License
- First Car
- First Apartment
- College Acceptance
Fun Day Team
- Write congratulation cards
- Set up/decorate for events
- Plan and coordinate events
- Contact donors for event sponsorship
- Oversee 2-3 girls
- Weekly check-in
- Goal management
- Initial welcome/goal writing
- Deliver birthday box
- Connect girls to resources
- Facilitate relationship with Forever Family and mentor
- Help facilitate transportation needs
- First person from Unfaulted to meet/make connection
More than Statistics
After reaching the age of 18, 20 percent of the children who were in foster care will become instantly homeless.
Fifty percent of former foster youth who age out of the system will be unemployed by the age of 24.
There is less than a three percent chance for children who have aged out of foster care to earn a college degree at any point in their life.
Seventy percent of girls who age out of the foster care system will become pregnant before the age of 21.
At least 25 percent of children who age out of the foster care system still suffer from the direct effects of PTSD.
Sixty percent of young men who age out of the foster care system and are legally emancipated have been convicted of a crime.
About one in four kids who age out of the system will not graduate from high school
Only five percent of women receive government benefits to meet basic needs after they age out of the system.
Fifty percent of kids who age out of the system will develop substance dependence.
Children with a diagnosed disability of any kind, including a learning disability, are twice as likely to age out of the foster care system.
Kids who enter the foster care system after the age of 12 have a 40 percent chance of being legally emancipated at the age of 18 from the system.
- Chosen Ones
- Fellowship of the Parks Church
- Greater Keller Ch. of Commerce
- Godley Grind
- Glitter Bombed Custom Tumblers
- Simply Love
- Christ’s Haven